Advisory Service on Public Procurement Law
In the last few years, the market of public procurement has developed into a major economic factor in the European Union. Due to the supply, service and construction work assignments requested from public authorities that run into billions, this market represents an interesting field of business for companies in many industry sectors. Participation in tenders of other Member States of the European Union extends the possibilities to acquire lucrative contracts for the own company. Not least due to the size of its domestic market, Poland in particular offers business opportunities for medium-sized companies from all over Europe.
Overview of the public procurement market in Poland
The public procurement market has grown continuously in recent years, although the growth potential of the market is far from exhausted i.e. due to the high investment demand. According to the Office for Public Procurement in Warsaw, the construction, supply and service contracts awarded in 2014 by public authorities in Poland reached a total value of about 133 billion PLN. This corresponds to a total order value of 33 billion euros. The value of public orders awarded in 2013 amounted to approx.143 billion PLN (35 billion euros). About 3/4 of the orders advertised throughout Europe in 2014 were granted within the framework of an open tendering procedure (82%). This means that in these cases all interested companies had the possibility to submit offers without a preceding competition.
Our attorneys and lawyers have extensive experience and expertise in the following areas:
- consultation in connection with the first contact to the potential contracting authority before the publication of a tender,
- analysis of the public notice for the project selected,
- legal support for the preparation of the bid (i.e. selection of documents and certifications to be submitted),
- consultation on the preparation of bidder’s inquiries regarding the explanation of the contract documents (specifications)
- legal support during the negotiations under the competitive dialogue,
- submission of appeals for violations by the contracting authority of procurement law provisions,
- representation in disputes with a member of a bidder’s consortium
- opinions regarding individual issues of public procurement law in Poland.
Get in touch with us!
Using our contact form you have taken note of the content of our privacy statement and you agree to the processing of your personal data sent within the contact form by us. Given us your approval please fill out the form below to receive an initial consultation.